10 steps to lower energy bills
- You contact your full service Oilheat dealer, or fill out this simple form.
- Your personal home energy efficiency advisor will work with you to:
- find out how concerned you are about having an energy efficient home
- determine the best government and utility programs for you to participate in
- complete the paperwork to connect you with these programs:
Once you are approved, we submit applications to NYSERDA for the home energy audit, and make a referral to a trusted BPI accredited contractor.
After your audit is completed, your BPI-accredited contractor reviews their audit recommendations with you.
Your BPI-accredited contractor and Oilheat dealer then develop a proposal for improvements, which the contractor submits to NYSERDA for loan approval.
You may qualify for up to $25,000 in low-interest loans.
If there are comfort equipment upgrades, these will most likely be performed by your Oilheat dealer.
If there are non-comfort equipment upgrades, these will be performed by reliable contractors.
Your EnergySmart Long Island personal home energy efficiency advisor will be right there with you, from start to finish, helping you along with the process and answering any questions you may have.
You save off your energy bills year after year!
NYSERDA Green Jobs Green New York: We'll help you apply for this New York State program offering a no-cost or reduced cost measurement-based energy audit. If you have oil or propane heat and no central air conditioning, you may receive a 10% rebate on some of the work done.
LIPA Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®: If you have oil or propane heat and no central air conditioning, you may receive a 25% rebate on some of the work done.